6 Natural Secret Techniques to Fight Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are chiefly found in the abdominal wall. But can occur in the thighs, breasts, upper arms and buttocks. They are not only bad-looking but embarrassing as well. They restrict your freedom of dressing. You generally tend to dress yourself so that no one is able to notice your marks. In fact, there are moments when people begin to avoid places like beaches and swimming pools. Once they cross a certain stage, it becomes very difficult to treat them.Therefore, they are better treated at the initial stages. Fortunately, there are multiple natural ways to fight stretch marks.
Stretch marks, We all know how they look like, but what actually are they?
Stretch marks are created when the skin is stretched rapidly to deal with its extension. You can have them as a result of pregnancy, breast growth, surgery or rapid weight gain. The collagen fibers that are mainly responsible for the skin elasticity are torn and develop a pink or white mark which looks almost like a scar.
BioHealthyLiving 6 Best Natural Cures for Stretch Marks:
1. Aloe vera
Aloe Vera is an age old natural healing plant. It is very valuable in case of any kind of skin condition. Beyond treating burns, its healing properties help smoothing and repairing scarred tissues. The inbuilt agents contained in Aloe Vera can also prevent stretch marks from reappearing. Here is a couple of ways to apply it:
- Rub aloe Vera gel on your stretch marks, both new and old. Apply abundantly and massage well and leave it dry on its own.
- You can mix vitamin E oil with aloe Vera and rub the mixture.
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil is widely used to treat different skin problems such as dark spots, moles, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines and pimples. It is also an effective remedy to fight stretch marks.
- Apply castor oil to stretch marks and gently massage the affected area in circular motions for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap the affected area with thin cotton cloth. Using a heating pad or a hot water bottle, apply some heat to the stretch marks for at least a half an hour.
- Repeat this process daily for at least one month to notice positive results.
If you are looking for more uses of Castor Oil, you can also read: The Best Kept Secrets About Oil Cleansing
3. Lemon Juice
The acidic property of lemon helps discoloring and reducing scars and stretch marks. Click here if you want to learn about the Top 7 Health Benefits of Lemon Water.
Methods to use lemon juice:
- Rub fresh lemon juice smoothly onto the stretch marks in circular motions. Let the lemon juice soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix identical quantities of lemon juice and cucumber juice, then apply the mixture on the affected area.
4. Potato Juice
True, they are delicious, but they have other uses besides eating. Vitamins and minerals present in potatoes help in the restoration and growth of skin cells.
Methods to use potato juice:
- Cut a potato in half and rub it onto the affected area smoothly.
- You can also make potato juice and apply a thin layer to the stretch marks. Let it dry and wash the skin with warm water.
5. Egg Whites
Eggs are rich in proteins, omega 3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins that help to make your stretch marks fade away.
- Whip the whites of two eggs smoothly with a fork. Clean the stretch marks with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
- Allow the egg whites to dry and then rinse the affected area with cold water.
- Eventually, apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
- Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch your stretch marks fade away.
6. Coconut Oil
Stretch marks sometimes can be itchy, but scratching them can make them heal even more slowly. Coconut Oil is one of the best ways to fight the itch, which is regarded as the most effective and the simplest home remedy to get rid of stretchmarks. Coconut oil is so good for your skin as well as your overall health thanks to its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
There are many reasons to use coconut oil for stretch marks:
- This oil has immense moisturizing properties.
- It gets absorbed deep into the skin rapidly.
- It nourishes the damaged skin and it has many antioxidants that fight free radicals.
- It has no discomforting or harmful side effects.
- It can be used externally and internally.
Apply the Coconut Oil to your stretch marks an hour before taking a shower and within two weeks they will start to fade away.
You can also check out this awesome video from ChiuTips: HOW TO: Get Rid Of Stretch Marks INSTANTLY!
Along with using all these natural ways, you can prevent stretch marks by taking better care of your skin, maintaining body weight, reducing stress, keeping the body hydrated and by following a well balanced diet plan.
So, it’s time to use one of these natural ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and feel confident again.